Walsingham Academy’s Lower School serves students in Prekindergarten through 7th Grade. Our faculty utilizes vertically coordinated curricula, allowing for continuity in their academic preparation while also focusing on real world applications for their skills and knowledge.
Students in Prekindergarten through 3rd Grade work in self-contained classes with teachers utilizing flexible instructional groupings. Grades 4-7 are departmentalized for instruction in English, reading, math, social studies, and science. All students receive religious instruction with focus on the Catholic faith, awareness of basic Christian values, and their application to everyday life. Art, music, drama, physical education, technology, and foreign language studies provide varied opportunities for students to explore areas of interest and further develop their skills and talents.
Lower School Announcements
- LS Class Picture Day is 5/3: Lower School Class pictures will be taken on Wednesday, May 3. Students will be in uniform and will be photographed with their class (outside if the weather allows). These photos will not appear in the LS Yearbook but will allow parents to have a professional class photo in the school uniform.
- "May the 4th Be With You" Dress Down Day on 5/4: Lower School students are invited to dress in Star Wars themed clothes on Wednesday, May 4 in honor of International Star Wars Day. No masks, light sabres, or other toy weapons are allowed. Students without Star Wars clothing are still welcome to dress down.
- LS May Crowning is 5/5: LS May Crowning will take place on Friday, May 5 at 9:30 AM. A Walsingham tradition, 7th Graders will lead the Lower School in a procession into the LS Gymnasium, where The Blessed Virgin Mary will be ceremonially crowned as Queen of Heaven and the Mother of God. Students are invited to bring in a single-stem flower to be placed in their classroom vase, which will be presented to the statue of Mary during the ceremony. 7th Graders will be dismissed after the ceremony to celebrate the day with their families. Parents and families are welcome to attend.
- Lower School Yearbook now on sale! The 2016-17 LS Yearbook, using the theme “Where Adventure Begins,” is now on sale. Deliver a check for $25 to the Lower School Front Office to reserve your copy.
- Spring sports photos available: Professional photographs of our spring athletes are available from Hayne Photographers & Virginia School Photography. Visit www.getmyphotonow.com and use the password "walsinghamsports" to view and order.
- Sports Physicals are 5/25: Get your 2017-18 Sports Physical for your student done at school on Thursday, May 25 in Chismer from 5:00-7:00 PM. The charge is $25 for Booster Club members and $40 for non-members. Physicals are open to non-Walsingham students as wel
- Youth Basketball Camp is 7/10-13: Mark your calendars! Neil Bailey's Youth Basketball Camp runs from July 10-13. Open to students entering Grades 3-7, the goal of the camp is to provide instruction in the fundamentals of basketball to boys and girls in a fun environment. Click here for more.
Please visit Flynn & O’Hara School Uniforms for all of your uniform needs!